Monday, December 5, 2011

CHICAGO,CHICAGO

Had a great time in Chicago. Took train from Grand Rapids Thur am.,checked into hotel early as our room was ready( stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, a very nice place that we really like), ate a delicious lunch at the Weber Grill (located in hotel), and then walked to the Merchandise Mart where the One Of A Kind Show was held. The weather was clear and warm (for Dec in Chi ) and not too windy.  There were a lot of new exhibitors at the show or maybe just new articles.  As you can see from above picture I bought a clock for living room wall that can be hung either vertical or horizontal.  I wasn't even looking for a clock but I really liked it and a number of years ago I saw another clock that moved and just didn't have the money for it and don't know where I put or even if I got a business card and they have never exhibited there again so bought this one with not a lot of pondering. I bought it from Twisted Dimensions Art.  It was a bit bulky to carry arround on Fri. tho until we stopped at a store on the Magnificent Mile (Arts and Artisans) and they gave me an oversize bag which made carrying the clock so much easier.  This store carried the work of wonderful artisans- everything was beautifully crafted. You would have thought that 5 hours of walking the show Thur. and all the tempting items I saw would have been enough but no, in I go.   I seriously considered a beautiful coat that was fitted and looked great on but decided that I really want to loose weight and one big purchase was probably enough, but I kept there business card and will stop back there next Dec. for sure unless I get to Chi. before that.  Macy's window this year is Believe and the Make a Wish Foundation is the  recipient of money from % of sales of certain Christmas ornaments and other items. Saw an article on Yahoo that listed the top corporations/businesses that give to charity and Macys was one of those listed.  Overall a wonderful time- both Kathy and I found things to buy for us and/or presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment