This morning I was looking out my kitchen window and watched my young neighbor start off for school. He is a 3rd or 4th grader and typical for a young boy he chose not to walk down the driveway that had only about and inch of snow but walked thru the yard with more than a foot of snow with higher drifts. At times he really struggled to get thru the drifts but he trugged on and made it to the road and then ran off down the road. It reminded me that as creative people we need to sometimes go not down the roads that are easy and known to us but to try new things even if we struggle at first learning a new technique. The pictures I took near Brimley,MI a few weeks ago when I went up there to visit friends. Snow covered and beautiful.
Exploring fiber with side trips @ metal, beads,jewelry, food, travel and other wonderful stuff.
Monday, March 5, 2012
The Road Less Traveled
This morning I was looking out my kitchen window and watched my young neighbor start off for school. He is a 3rd or 4th grader and typical for a young boy he chose not to walk down the driveway that had only about and inch of snow but walked thru the yard with more than a foot of snow with higher drifts. At times he really struggled to get thru the drifts but he trugged on and made it to the road and then ran off down the road. It reminded me that as creative people we need to sometimes go not down the roads that are easy and known to us but to try new things even if we struggle at first learning a new technique. The pictures I took near Brimley,MI a few weeks ago when I went up there to visit friends. Snow covered and beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment