Riverdance was AWESOME- Two friends went with me Sat to see the show at the Wharton Center in East Lansing. The intricate footwork/dancing was amasing. It was dizzying watching their feet/legs move. I have the tape of their preformance but live is so much better. This is their final tour in the USA so I am so glad I got to see them. The hard work it takes for them to get to dance at this level boggles my mind. While I knew when I was 3-4 years old that I wanted to be a nurse I didn't have to do anything special except study in school and get decent grades, which was expected of me no matter what I wanted to be. But these dancers started learning to dance/train when they were 3-4 years old! They had competitions to win and always new steps and dances to learn while the rest of us were playing. Such dedication to their dreams from such an early age amazes me. How many people are in college today not knowing what they want to be when they "grow up" but these dancers knew at an early age what they wanted to be in life and went after it. I thank them for the joy they give those of who are fortunate to watch them.
No comments:
Post a Comment