Friday, April 13, 2012

SPRING IS HERE-AGAIN



When I moved into this house several years ago there was a grapevine wreath in the alcove going out the living room door onto the porch and birds had built a nest there.  The previous owners said birds had nested there for several years raising their young.  I had 5 cats at the time and as the first spring came for me 3 of those cats would stand at the windowed door onto the deck and watch the birds.  A pair of birds came and must have noticed my cats with "lunch" expressions watching them and decided to go elsewhere to rasise their young.  By last year I was down to 2 cats and they were content to lay on the back of the couch.  A pair of birds came and 3 eggs were laid and sat upon but one morning I looked out to find them broken and empty on the deck. So again I have birds that nested , laid eggs and now there are 2 baby birds growing up in the nest. It will be a joy to watch them grow and hopefully nothing interferes with their reaching adulthood.   

No comments:

Post a Comment