Thursday, September 22, 2011

Unexpected act of kindness

Yesterday I went to Brimley to visit with friends. We worked on bracelets and and got caught up with each others lives. It's always a pleasure to visit them -they are "family" tho we are not related.  On the way back I had my money out for the toll at Mackinaw Bridge and when I stopped and went to hand my money to the toll booth worker she said "she paid for you"- I didn't think I had heard right and asked "what?" and she repeated "she paid for you" and pointed to the car ahead of me.I was suprised and it made me smile that a stranger paid my fare ( tho I certainly was  able to pay my own way).  I've read on occasion of "random acts of kindness" but have never been on the receiving end before.  We all do things for people we know, sometimes they know what we've done and thank us and sometimes they don't who did the kindness but we know and are happy to have done them a favor.  But this was a stranger and there was no way for me to thank her but it is a kindness that I will remember.                                                                                        Tomorrow Dawn and I are off to Romeo, Mi to Mt. Bruce Station's Sheep and Wool Festival.  It is a fun time for us to get together and go out to eat with friends that also exhibit there.  The show is at a wonderful farm that has lots of activities for families- pumpkin painting, rides on wagon around the farm, a huge hay labrynth, fall flowers and decorations, wonderful food and quality vendors.  If you are in the area do come out and enjoy the festival.  If the weather is nice I will take some pictures and try to post them.  My pictures of the bracelets that I've gotten done did not turn out as well as I'd hoped and then I forgot how to download them onto my blog so will have to consult with my nephew again.  I thought I had written down the instructions but can't find them.  My computer was down for the better part of two weeks and I didn't post and it seems until I get it more in my head I don't remember some computer things. I will keep pluging away at it until it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment