Sunday, October 2, 2011

Beautiful Fall Days

We had a beautiful fall weekend after rainy and unusually cold week.  Though the nights were cold and it took a while to reach nice temperatures it did come.  Went to the farmer's market Sat. and probably bought more than I had planned on as it was 38 degrees out at 9 a.m. and I felt sorry for the vendors who were trying to stay warm.  So I have 1/2 bushel of tomatoes to can, also in smaller quantities carrots, beans, eggplant, plums, spinach and  spaghetti squash to eat. Looks like a vegetarian week!  Got the garage cleaned out and organized for winter.  Also read a book "The Affair" by Lee Child, one of my favorite authors.  Tomorrow is fiber time- need to finish the dozen bracelets that I have woven but need embelishment/closures.  Also want to experiment with using a sander to speed up the felting  process. Will let you know how that works.  I have been neglecting keeping up with my posting and will try to do better.      

No comments:

Post a Comment