Sunday, September 4, 2011

Busy getting nothing done

It seems like I've been busy getting nothing done- lots of projects started but not finished, house straightened in areas but not really neat/cleaned.  Hopefully I will have pictures in a few days of completed projects- bracelets, purse, and journal cover.  Have some felt that I need to work more so I can make some fiber art dolls from it. Am experimenting with fiber fusion and had to redo some of the pieces as I tried to increase  the ratio of the water to textile medium and it didn"t work so will stay with 1/1 ratio.   Have spent a fair amount of time the past few days (ok a lot of time) on the computer reading blogs- some of them I've read from the beginning (like 3 years worth of posts) so it has been time consuming but educational too.  It seems like my computer was being fixed  more days than it worked in Aug. so hope it will work more consistently  this month.  I did go to  garage sales yesterday until it rained and today for a while.  My one big find was a butcher block table that I put in my "metal room".  It will be great to pound metal on rather than my workbench -as all my tools jump and move when I pound on the bench.  In one of my books on metalsmith jewelry making the author uses a tree stump for her pounding but I think I will be happy with my butcher block table.  Jewelry making will have to wait until Nov.  Have to get fiber things done for the shows in Sept and Oct.      

No comments:

Post a Comment