Sunday, July 24, 2011

ANN ARBOR ART FAIR

The Ann Arbor Art Fair is acctually 4 art fairs in one- Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original; State Street Area Art Fair; The Guild Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair; and Ann Arbor South University Art Fair.  Looking at the official event guide I estimate that  there were around 1100 artists/craftsmen there in all mediums and 500,000 visitors were expected to attend. .  I always find it inspirational to look at various mediums and see the colors used and shapes.  I saw a very pretty pastel painting and thought " oh, that section would make a beautiful purse".  I try to look at everything but sometimes will think "that's so ugly or tacky" and someone will come up  beside me and say "I just love this"-and that's what makes art and life so interesting, the variety. So even though it was hot, Hot, SWELTERING HOT it was worth it.  I sunscreened every hour, took breaks inside to cool down, drank plenty of liquids and took my time.       

No comments:

Post a Comment