Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Not Computer Literate-Hire a Student

  Ever feel like 3rd graders know more than you do about computers?  Those of us for  whom technical things do not come easily are at a disadvantage in the technical world of computers.  The techies are at a disadvantage in our artsy world but they don't need to know how to create a one of a kind felted dress but we need to know how to effectively use computers.
  To correct my lack of computer skills I made a list of what I needed to learn-ie. downloading files, cut and paste etc. and then I hired a high school sophomore to teach me the skills I was lacking.  I offered her a price/hour for a 2 hr. session/week.  She is very computer literate and her father is a techi geek so what she didn't know he taught her and she then taught me. One on one worked so much better for me than a large class where everyone has different skills and needs.  So if you are struggling with your computer consider hiring a student-they are knowledgeable and much less expensive than a professional one on one.  Just like hiring a professional make sure that you mesh personality wise and that they can teach you what you need to learn.  Let me know how this works out for you.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment