Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Computer and Mittens


It has been several months since I last posted.  Right after my last post my computer went on the fritz and I took it in to get it fixed.  They told me it was a well known problem with the computer I had and they would need to order parts, the cost of parts to be paid for at that time, and it would take 7-10 days to get parts and 1 day to fix.  Two weeks later parts were still not in and so the wait began.  Finally after New Years the parts came in but that wasn't the problem and it was now deemed unfixable.  So I needed to get a new computer and that took a few weeks.  I now have a Toshiba Satellite that I am happy with and getting to know.  So I really don't have any excuse for not posting since getting computer in mid Jan. except procrastination.  Will do better now that I have started again.  Spent some time in Dec and Jan with my friend B. doing projects.  The pictures are of mittens that we made.  A friend gave me a pattern and I wanted to try it out so I took felted sweaters and beads to decorate the mittens when I went visiting.  They turned out to be too short but we decided to decorate them anyway to show people a few decorating ideas.  The white one is another pattern that I like much better (made that one out of fleece  to try it for size first).  I am thinking of making kits to sell at fiber events this year.  Also will make some up to sell for those that want a finished project rather than a kit to do themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment