Sunday, June 10, 2012

Outback Fibers -Estes Park Wool Festval

Got into Colo. Thur night and stayed in Colorado Springs. After turning on the tv in my motel room I was greeted by the weatherman talking about tornado,thunderstorm and flashflood warnings all in the area where I was staying and I looked at the sliding glass doors leading to the small patio outside my room and thought "not a good place to be in a tornado". None of that developed thankfully and Fri I went to "the middle of nowhere" ss Jill Gully had described where she now lives and has her business, Outback Fiber . I spent a delightful houur picking out fiber from her vast selection. My laptop has decided to not work so I can't post the picture I took of Jill in the warehous or any other pictures I have taken. I drove up to Ft. Collins where I was staying Fri/Sat (I couldn't find a room in Estes Park when I was making reservations. Sat I drove thru the montains along winding hairpin curves with a bubbling stream along the road and the occasional fisherman in the water-very picturesque and I could have enjoyed it more if I wasn't driving . I stopped periodically as I wasn't willing to take the curves as fast as the locals and some others. Looking up at the mountains makes you realize how small you are in comparison and marvel at the work that was done to put in the road. The wool festival wasn't as large as I had been expecting. There was only one building of vendors. I counted 51 vendors. Though not a large number of vendors all of the items for sale was of high quality. I was very pleased when a weaver of wonderful clothing (out of my price range) complimented me on the pin I was wearing (one I made with the handwveen fabric and beads and sell). I did find a number of different rovings that I had to have. On thhe way home I passed a Goodwill store and stopped by on a whim only to find a 1/2 price sale of everything going on. I was good and only bought 2 paperback books but I did find 1 silk blouse and 2 silk dresses to use for nuno felting. Today I am in Santa Fe,N.M. Will post more later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment