Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Downtown Santa Fe




Yesterday I spent 6 hours wandering the streets of downtown Santa Fe.  I can show you some of the pictures I took since Windows has decided to work today, yay.  Santa Fe is very friendly to people and dogs alike.  It is not unusual to see bowls with water for the dogs sitting outside the shops or inside their doorways and some of the galleries have glasses of water set out for people.  I did not see any misbehaved dogs and they are welcome in the shops.  I delight in looking at art that I cannot afford but can certainly enjoy viewing and getting inspiration from the shapes colors.You can find contemporay works,westerndesign, art noveau, and antiques.  Clothing stores abound and there are wonderful one of a kind creations, limited edition, and tourist clothing/tshirts.  Something for everyone.  I ate at the Coyote cafe cantina and had the navajo taco- pulled pork, roasted chicken, ground buffalo, lettuce, tomatoes, tucumcari white tangy cheddar, drunken black beans and chili on a thick tortilla (more like bread than the thin tortillas we normally think of for tacos).  Oh so good and filling-I wasn't hungry again until 7:30 pm and I ate at 11:30!!  I managed to eat 1/3 of the tortilla and most of the topping.  Pictures (someday I'll learn to write under them, maybe -lol) #1 Jill Gully, in Outback Fibers warehouse  #2 a gracious vendor at Estes Park wool festival who let me take her picture, I lover her hat-it has felted band with large embelishment    #3 & 4 downtown Santa Fe mostly adobe buildings No modern hi rises #5 my navajo tacl   

No comments:

Post a Comment