Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ky. Sheep and Wool Festival

Last month I drove to Lexington, Ky. to check out the sheep and wool festival (May 17-18).  It was an adventure finding the park, partly because when I got directions in mapquest I ended up at Masterson Station,which is a clubhouse and not a park.  But I knew I was in the right general area so I kept driving until I saw a boy on his way to school and asked him for directions.  He very nicely told me to keep going straight, and there would be another subdivision and I'd turn right at the end.  I thought he meant at the end of the next subdivision,but I should have turned rt. at stop sign before crossing into that other subdivision.  Backtracked and off I was and thought I had found the park but after I turned into drive with a stone sign I read PRISON, u turn and back off down the road.  Finally decided I had missed the park and turned into a road where another car was coming out and asked for directions., again.   Park was on other side of prison but the sign was set a ways back from the road so I missed it.  The festival is 5 years old and will continue to grow, I'm sure. The vendors were all of high quality and friendly.   Bought some socks made on an antique sock knitting machine,  2 handmade wood buttons, rose fiber combed top, Romney/mouga silk, and Muga silk.  In Berea found a NeedleTravel book (fiber and fabric mania: a travel guide) that I'll have to see what shops are on my travel routes this year and next.  Though the weather wasn't as warm as I thought it was going to be it didn't snow like it did here at home while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment