Monday, September 2, 2013

Creating While Traveling



I bought this Omnigrid quilting case a few years ago on sale at Joann Fabrics.  I find it is perfect for not only quilting projects but to take beads,yarn, etc. along for projects.  On this trip I have beads, thread  ,needles,  pins, buttons,and  fabric for brooches..  The beads I have in tubes and round containers that fit into a covered box so I can take out what I need and set the rest aside while I work.  The beads are contained in the case if I should drop them while sewing.  The needles/pins I can put in the pin cushion (the rectangle of white/black/yellow in the upper corner of lid). It beats using pant leg or shirt to keep them in and sticking myself or loosing them. The case has a number of plastic pockets to store things, one of which is zippered.  It's nicer using this case  than juggling a tray, or having things loose on my lap or in a bag at my feet. If I'm only crocheting then the yarn can go in a bag at my feet and it is no problem but  I am often trying to finish up projects on the way to shows and this is a nice way to do that.  Happy traveling.  What ways do you carry your supplies to work on while traveling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment