Monday, December 3, 2012

Life getting back on track

Sorry it has been so long since I posted-I meant to post in Oct. Spent last part of Sept and beginning of Oct sutdying and taking what should be my last recertification for my er nursing career.  SAFF was last weekend of Oct.  Got to Asheville and it was in the 70's then Sandy came along and it was in the 40's but we got out of the mountains mon am before snow hit, did run into some wind and a bit of rain on the way home,but not too bad.  Worked one day and was dressing to go to a natural dyeing class, bent over to put my sock on and felt a pull in my back.  Gave it some time and realized I wasn't going to be able to do the class so went in to ER and the dr. gave me some  muscle relaxer and pain med.  Needed a walker to get around at home, saw my dr wed and changed meds.  By Mon I couldn't move due to the pain, called a friend and she helped me out of bed and took me to er where I was admitted for 4 days.  MRI showed a large bulging disc( lumbar 5) that was pressiung on nerves.  So conservative treatment, physical therapy and let the disc go back in.  I am off till Jan 12. which is my projected return to work date.  So I will now blog at least 2-3 times/week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment