Friday, August 24, 2012

MI. FIBER FESTIVAL and SUZANNE HIGGS

Last weekend we were in Allegan for the Mi. Fiber Festival. It was Hot and Humid setting the booth up having recently rained. We had wonderful weather FRi-Sun which is so unusual for Aug in Mi. It was in the 70's and no rain!! Got to spend an hour Sun with Suzanne Higgs- Hooked on Felt.blogspot. Check out her blog, it's well worth it even tho she hasn't posted in a while due to her family having a huge amount of hurdles in their lives. She makes beautiful hats, nuno felt and bird pods . She had 2 gorgeous sleeveless dresses with shawls in nuno felt in her booth-one in white and the other in copper-absolutely gorgeous. Wish I had my camera along or had come back to take pictures of them. I have long wanted to take a hat making class with her, it's on my short list for next year. Suzanne is very gracious and giving with advise and answering questions. I watched/listened to her interacting with customers and she made everyone feel welcome and no question was "stupid". Starting next week I will be doing posts on being a vendor. Erin, Desigknit.com did her first show in April and did a post on lessons she had learned from that show.She lamented that there was no place to learn about shows as a new vendor so I emailed her to offer advise and decided to do a sseries of posts on this subject. Who inspires you to take a class from them or to spend time with visting at a show? Are there any questions you want answers to regarding being a vendor?

No comments:

Post a Comment